MuscleNerd, a popular iOS Hacker today confirmed via his Tweet that RedSn0w now can jailbreak your iOS 5.1 iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPad, iPod Touch. The only condition is that your iOS 5.1 devices should not be running on A5 chipset.
Once you jailbreak your iOS 5.1 device, posibbilites are endless. You can install whole slew of applications on your Apple iPads, iPhones such as DLNA Servers, DLNA media player for iPhone iPads.
SO check out how you can jailbreak your iOS 5.1 iPhone 4S, iPad 2
Before you jailbreak your iOS 5.1, read the following instructions (via)
- This is a *tethered* 5.1 jailbreak for non-A5 devices. You’ll need to use redsn0w to “Just Boot” your device every time it power cycles, otherwise jailbreak apps won’t work (neither will Safari).
- If you use ultrasn0w for your carrier unlock, be sure to use a custom IPSW to get to 5.1 first! Don’t ever restore to a stock Apple IPSW! Use redsn0w’s “Custom IPSW” button to create a NO_BB_* version of the 5.1 IPSW and restore to that instead of the stock one. (That option is available only to 3GS and iPhone4-GSM owners.) ultrasn0w itself will be updated for 5.1 in the next few days (same baseband support, not 5.1’s baseband).
- If you’re lucky enough to have an old-bootrom 3GS, this jailbreak is actually untethered (redsn0w will figure that part out automatically).
- While we were at it, we added @pod2g’s steaks4uce exploit to support MC models of the iPod touch 2G (whose last firmware was 4.2.1). So now redsn0w will auto-detect and jailbreak all versions of that older device.
- iBooks won’t work until a future update of redsn0w
|< Prev||Next >|